HISD’s Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment team is dedicated to ensuring quality teaching and learning partnerships with staff, standards-based curriculum, integrated instructional design, and implementing common assessments in all subjects. Professional development is key to providing the tools for staff to remain abreast of innovative educational endeavors related to our profession.
- A focus on student achievement and the quality of instruction
- Build horizontal and verticle alignments of curriculum, teaching, learning materials, and assessments to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills or course guidelines.
- Multi-measures of accountability using system-wide data to keep the focus on results and to monitor progress
- Investment in staff development
- A district-wide emphasis on teamwork and building professional learning communities